FireDispatch.com shares your concern about the protection of your personal information online. This is our policy regarding the privacy of information we collect on our site.
Information Gathered/Tracked by FireDispatch.com
FireDispatch.com gathers two types of data about users: (a) personal information that individual users provide through site registration; and (b) tracking information, which is automatically collected about every visitor to the site, both registered and nonregistered.
When a user registers at MyFireDispatch, he or she is asked to provide his or her Name, Country, State, Zip Code, Gender, Age, Occupation, Email and Pager Address, and to select a Sign-in Name and Password. Registered users can choose to receive e-mail, PDA, pager and cellular phone notifications containing selected information on emergencies in progress on the FireDispatch.com site.
Tracking data consists of individual tracking information and aggregated tracking information and is automatically gathered using "cookies". A cookie is a small data file containing information such as a user preference that is written to the user's hard drive by the Web server. Cookies used by FireDispatch.com do not contain users passwords. The individual information gathered in this manner is used for internal purposes only, such as displaying pages based on users previously entered preferences. We also use the information on an aggregate basis, to track and analyze traffic patterns on our site. In addition, advertisers that serve ads onto the FireDispatch.com site may use their own cookies.
Use of the Information
FireDispatch.com uses information obtained from its users to enhance their experience on our site. We do not rent or sell any personal information about our registered or other users. As a general rule, we will not disclose any personal information to any third parties, except when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, or if the user has given permission. Tracking information is used to create aggregate reports on user demographics and site traffic patterns and then provided to our advertisers and partners, enabling them to better target their advertisements to our users. None of the information provided to them can be connected to the identities or other personal information of individual users.
Correcting the Information
FireDispatch.com offers users the ability to correct or update the information we collected during registration. This can be done by visiting MyFireDispatch or by sending us e-mail.
FireDispatch.com reserves the right to modify this policy at any time without prior notice.
Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitation of Liability
- User expressly agrees that use of FireDispatch.com is at users sole risk. Neither FireDispatch.com, its affiliates, nor any of their respective employees, agents, third party content providers, or licensors warrant that FireDispatch.com will be uninterrupted or error-free; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from use of FireDispatch.com, or as to the accuracy, reliability, or content of any information, service, or image provided through FireDispatch.com.
- FireDispatch.com is provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including (but not limited to) warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, other than those warranties which are implied by and incapable of exclusion, restriction, or modification under the laws applicable to this agreement.
- This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action. User specifically acknowledges that FireDispatch.com is not liable for the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of other users or their parties and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with user.
- In no event will FireDispatch.com, or any person or entity involved in creating, producing or distributing FireDispatch.com, be liable for any damages, including (without limitation) direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages arising out of the use of or inability to use FireDispatch.com. User hereby acknowledges that the provisions of this section shall apply to all content on FireDispatch.com.
- In addition to the terms set forth above, neither FireDispatch.com nor its affiliates, information providers or content partners shall be liable regardless of the cause or duration, for any errors, inaccuracies, omissions, or other defects in, or untimeliness or unauthenticity of, the information contained within FireDispatch.com, or for any delay or interruption in the transmission thereof to the user, or for any claims or losses arising therefrom or occasioned thereby. None of the foregoing parties shall be liable for any third-party claims or losses of any nature, including (but not limited to) lost profits, punitive or consequential damages. Neither FireDispatch.com nor its affiliates, information providers or content providers warrant or guarantee the timeliness, sequence, accuracy, or completeness of this information. Additionally, there are no warranties as to the results obtained from the use of the information contained within FireDispatch.com.